So... I have a confession to make... I Have always wanted to be a part of a book club and have now finally joined one!
My brother may call it The Nerdclub instead, but I am absolutely delighted to be part of one.
Getting lost in a book is an amazing feeling. It opens your mind to different views and ideas and makes you see things from different angles.
Reading has always been one of my most favorite things in the world. Since I first learned to read that's what I've been doing.(Have always been called a bookworm by my family and now B. keeps wondering, how many books I've read and makes wild guesses of millions... )
I Am usually not very picky about what I read - am quite open to suggestions and try to have a wide variety of books in my reading list. Am really indulging over cookbooks for inspiration (and to be more aware of what do we eat and why), I like exploring books about yoga and I always go back to books I grew up with and are lifelong friends and companions (a'la "The Wind In The Willows", "The Little Prince" and so on... ) and Estonian poetry to feel at home where-ever in the world I am. To be fully honest tho, lately I began to feel that I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D LIKE TO READ! It felt so empty and ... well...weird. I didn't remember the last time I felt like it. I mean, yes, there were some books that someone recommended, some that were in the list of my studies or re-search... but there also was a big blank in my mind when I had to think of a book to read just for the sake of a good relaxed read.
I also lacked a shared reading experience and discussion about books.
... And then I was told about The Book Club. Which changed quite a few things.
Well, first, there's now a good few new people to greet on the street and soon to call friends.
Then the aspect of going out to chat about a topic we all are passionate about - books and good reads. I love how joining a book club has made me read and talk about books I perhaps otherwise would've not even looked at (Not the biggest fan of Stephen Kings novels - even tho I find his book "On Writing" absolutely GENIUS!) and how our discussions about books lead to conversations about art, culture, society and so on and so forth.
So if you wish to join us for a brilliant chat by the fire, have a cuppa and a laugh, we'll be in the Yeats Memorial Building in Sligo on Monday the 6th of January from 6-8 pm.
The read for this one is"Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes.
More information about the Book Club HERE.

1 kommentaar:
awesum! :)
Postita kommentaar